You probably don’t need an incentive to read more books, but I’ve always wanted to host a reading challenge, so here we are.
This challenge is a no pressure way to have fun with your to-be-read pile and hopefully add a few authors you’ve never read before. I encourage you to select Indie Authors, people who have put their heart and soul into their book. Not only in the words they used to create the story, but the entire process of publication all the way through to marketing and selling.
Indie Authors really are publishing rock stars.
So, please consider them first when searching out books to meet this challenge. I’ve devised it as a bit of a book treasure hunt, looking for books with certain colors, words, or settings. I hope it will be a fun reading adventure for you!
Oh, did I forget to mention there is also a giveaway with this challenge?
You can sign up for the challenge anytime but be sure to do it before January 13, 2021 to be entered into a drawing for a FREE ebook by an Indie Author of my choice. It will be one that checks a book off your challenge list. (UPDATE: The giveaway is now over!)
Here are the contest rules – there are always rules, right?
- You must follow me on at least one social media platform (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest).
- Share this challenge with your friends and tag me (be sure your post is public so I can see it).
- Register for the challenge before midnight, January 13, 2021 CST (-6 UTC). By registering, you agree to also receive weekly emails from EverydayScribe. You may unsubscribe at any time.
- No purchase necessary and void where prohibited. US Residents only (Amazon rule, it seems)
- The winner will be announced on Sunday, January 17 in my weekly email and on social media.
- The ebook will be delivered via email from Amazon Kindle after winner is confirmed.
When you register for the challenge, you will receive a complete Reading packet that includes the treasure hunt list of 12 books for you to read before the end of the year and 12 book review sheets to help you jot down some thoughts about the books you read.
You can use the book review sheets just for yourself, or to reference when you review the books on Goodreads and Amazon. Something I strongly encourage you to do if you like the book. Reviews, especially for Indie Authors, are so important. It doesn’t have to be long. The Indie Author you review will appreciate it so much!
You don’t have to participate in the Giveaway to enjoy the challenge!